Sunday, December 31, 2006

Shyam Varan Nath's Personal Blog

As I get ready to embrace 2007, I decided to create a Blog for myself. To start with a little bit about myself. I work for Oracle Corporation I joined the Business Intelligence group at Oracle and specialize in Oracle Data Mining.

I spend a lot of time promoting the Special Interest Group related to my profession, it is called
Oracle Business Intelligence, Warehousing and Analytics Special Interest Group or Oracle BIWA SIG.

I have been working on Crime Data Mining. Recently, the IEEE Computr Society published my paper on the same topic, it is titled:
Crime Pattern Detection Using Data Mining

I recently visited Germany (Oct 2006) to speak on the related topic.

I live in the Sunny state of Florida, and am able to work as a part of the virtual team. I have lived in South Florida since 1995, and now for last 3 1/2 yrs in Delray Beach City I live in a community called Bexley Park.


I went to Indian Institue of Technology, Kanpur India for my Undergrad in EE. I lot of my batch mates are in USA and I keep running into them either on the web or in some conference. I started my career working for Halliburton and went from the Oil Industry to Health Care to Telecom to finally land in the Business Intelligence group at Oracle.

I guess that is enough for introduction, hopefully will continue to 'blog' regularly in 2007.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Shyamu,

Data Mining with Crime Patterns !! Only you could think so crazy man.

And you presented your paper in Germany ?? Bu God.

So wats up now ? Do you have a merc or bmw? Or have you got a microlight something also?

Do drop mails. Do meet me when you come to Kol.

Ashish Das

+919432347106
ashishkd_99@yahoo.com